Meeting Minutes 08/15/2019
Pledge: Led by Maureen Wookey
Secretary Report: Given by Susan Smolinsky and approved.
Treasurer Report: Given by Maureen Wookey and approved.
Presentation: Our guest speaker is Heather Ulrich from the Berks County District Attorney’s office. She discussed the Victim/Witness Unit. She advocates for crime victims’ rights and provides services including court accompaniment preparation for court testimony, assistance in filing compensation claims for losses and damages, and more. Her talk was very informative. She answered questions from the group. She provided pamphlets for those interested in them.
1. We had our Crime Watch picnic on July 27th at Tom and Lisa Gauby’s home. We had a nice crowd and great weather. Everyone enjoyed themselves. We thank Tom and Lisa for opening their home to all of us!
2. On August 3rd we had our table set up for the Townships Summer Splash Fest and did alright. Thank you to all that volunteered for this event. We sold several beverage pitchers and had some people sign up for the crime alert mailings.
3. We did find out that it is not cost effective to do an electronic recycling event. This type of event is something that the township would have to do. We do not have the funds to sponsor something like this.
1. The Halloween Parade is on Tuesday, October 29th at Lake Drive @ 6:30 this year. John Fry will bring his truck this year. The Board voted to buy the same amount of candy as last year.
2. If anyone gets a guest speaker for next month, let the group know about it.
3. The Fall Harvest Fest is Saturday, October 12, from 2:00 to 8:00 and Sunday, October 13, from 1:00 to 7:00 at Amity’s Community Park.
Attendance: Eleven members and 3 guests attended the meeting.
Adjournment: Nancy Crevin motioned to adjourn the meeting and was seconded by Susan S.
Respectively Given: Susan Smolinsky, Secretary of ATCW